Monday, April 03, 2006

Ponderables

These are two of the things that smarter people have already figured out and other people don't really care about. I think about them when I'm bored and it blows my mind. Kinda.

When you look in the mirror from 30 cm (your eyes to the mirror), is your reflection 30 cm or 60 cm away from you? For example, if you had a zit that you could see from 10 cm in the mirror, how close would someone else have to get before they saw it - 10 or 20 cm?

If you gave someone one dollar today, ten cents tomorrow, one cent the day after, 0.1 cents the day after, etc. for all eternity, they would never have two dollars but rather 1.11111.... dollars. However, since you are giving them money for all eternity, shouldn't they have an infinite amount of money at the end as opposed to less than two dollars? (I know there's not an end to eternity, but work with me here.)

No comments: