Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Coming Home!

Yes, the rumors you have heard are true - we are coming home!

I notified the school about three weeks ago that I was not intending on renewing my contract. They said that they understood, but that they were hoping that I was going to stay for at least one more year since things were working out so well. At least we know the door is open for the future!

Right now the dates are a little tentative, but we're looking at perhaps July 3rd as a return date. My contract finishes at my school as of June 30th, but it'll be a little easier for us to fly out on the Monday as opposed to the Friday.

As some of you may or may not know, this is not a permanent move. Emily and I will be in Canada for the summer and then we are planning on coming back to Korea in September. I would like to work for the public school and am in the process of putting together my application form for that. I've got a couple more papers to get and fill out, but it's coming together!

This year has been amazing and has gone unbelievably fast so far. We have loved our experience here in Korea (as evidenced by our intentions to return) but we do desperately miss our "home and native land." It will be good to come home.

See you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you guys!