Sunday, December 03, 2006

17

That's how many more days I've got left in the school year. Not actual day-days, but school days. Between now and the end of December (which is the end of the school year here), only 17 more instructional days remain. This week, I get Thursday & Friday off because of exams. I get the 25th off because it's Christmas. I get January 1st off because of New Years. But, then again, everyone gets those holidays. It's the ones after that that I'm excited for.

I've got 2 weeks of an elementary school camp that runs from January 2 to the 12th, from 9:00 - 12:00 each day. I'm not exactly sure what's happening with the camp (there's a meeting on Wednesday about it) but I'm home free once that is finished. From January 12 - February 7, my time is my own. And from February 9 to February 25th (-ish) is another well deserved break. Emily and I are planning on going to Thailand for a few weeks and perhaps to one other country (Cambodia, Vietnam, something along those lines), so it should be absolutely splendiforous.

Until then, we keep the routine. Emily is working hard on her online courses so that she can finish when I do and we can enjoy the holidays together. I'm planning on taking another TEFL course from the U of S in the winter semester, and also on doing a lot of nothing.

On a completely separate note, the snow came this past weekend. The temperature dropped close enough to freezing that we actually got quite a heavy snow. Well, it was heavy when it was in the air, but it was still warm enough outside that it melted as soon as it hit the ground. As of right now, it's a little chilly (perhaps in the single positive digits) but the sun is shining bright and the world is good all around.

Life is good, and God is better.

No comments: