Sunday, December 02, 2007

August to December in a Nutshell

Four months is a long time. In order to bring you the most effective and efficient use of your time, here's the highlights:

  • I (Jon) have been on TV two or three or four or five times. For sure two, possibly up to five times. The TV cameras were there, they were pointing at me but I didn't actually watch the news to see if I was on. Once was the Kimchi festival, once was a teacher training session, one was a promotional video for an English camp and two were about an English competition this past week.
  • I was also on the promotional poster for the English festival.
  • Emily and I have both preached (and will be preaching) in our home church as well as in a church in Mokpo, a town about 90 minutes away from Gwangju.
  • I've had a great semester and have loved my two schools. They're the same as last semester, but I'll probably be changing in a few weeks here.
  • I have been teaching at a University once a week for the past few weeks. I've been teaching junior high & high school teachers how to teach speaking, listening and pronunciation. It's been a great experience, and this winter break I teach elementary school teachers similar things.
  • We set up our Christmas tree today as well as most of our interior decorations.
  • We're going to China for Lunar New Years (also referred to as Chinese New Years, but somewhat inaccurate as much of Asia celebrates it)
  • The Jacksons (Emily's folks) will be coming to Korea for the month of January.
  • We (Jacksons two and Reesors two) shall be visiting Japan for a week in January.
  • Emily is kicking serious butt with her studies and has one and a half more semesters until the end of all learning and the beginning of all teaching.
  • We've made a whole bunch of new friends that God has really blessed us with.
  • We left our digital camera in a taxi.
  • We bought a new digital camera.
  • Of the past eight or so weeks of school, I (Jon) have had one full five day week devoid of any sort of significant class canceling interruption or holiday.

Obviously, that's just the highlights that come to mind. Our life here has been fantastic as always and God's blessings are consistently numerous and significant. We've been busy but not really stressed. We have a good life and we're really happy for where we are right now, though we miss our family, friends and Canadian food a great deal.

By the way, we use Facebook more than our blog these days. By "we," I mean we both have it but I (Jon) tend to ignore mine for a few weeks at a time. Basically, it's the same as the blog, but with more pictures.

No comments: