Monday, May 07, 2007

The Prayers You Never Say

Emily and I went to see Spider-Man 3 last Thursday night (it was released here and in Japan before North America - take that!) and I got hit with a pang of homesickness. It's funny the things that will make you miss home. It was Peter Parker and his friend, Harry Osborne, that did it for me.

Anyway, we get home after the movie and I'm missing...home. There was a thunderstorm that night, which reminded me even more of Canada. Thunderstorms are not common here, and the thunder isn't nearly as impressive as Canada's. However, it was still a good storm. I'm feeling blue, missing people I share a language and culture with and I head to bed.

Long story short, we ended up going to church with one of my students. She invited me and her dad is the pastor there. I don't really know why I said yes - I wouldn't normally. We get there, and it's her older brother that does the translating. Her older brother that is about my age, a Christian, speaks English, neat guy and lives in our neighborhood. He also likes to do a lot of the same things we/I do. We hung out this past Saturday and he invited me to play soccer with some people from his church.

Basically, God gave me exactly what I needed without me even asking for it, and just at the right time. He is really good to us, and I see that more every day.


"This is your Father you are dealing with, and he knows better than you what you need. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met... God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." Matthew 6, The Message


No comments: