Thursday, March 22, 2007

Korean Efficiency

Just a quick note from me (Emily) to share with you a marvel that occurred in our apartment complex this morning. I was just heading out the door to go to the gym - (I know me at the gym, crazy!) When I heard our doorbell ring. I answered it and there was a man and lady standing there. The lady was holding some sort of meter reader machine and the man had a gas meter in his hand as well as a plastic milk crate.

Usually when official looking people are at the door, I just let them in and let them do whatever it is they are there to do because I know that I won't understand them if they try to explain it to me. So I followed my normal protocol.

I kept getting ready and the man and lady proceeded to in about 2 minutes, no word of a lie, completely remove our old gas meter, put up the new one, configure the numbers, clean the wall behind the meter, and test the gas by turning on our gas stove! The man stood on top of the milk crate to reach the gas meter and he was soooo fast! I then signed some thing saying they had completed the job and they were gone!

It was like a flash, I was very impressed, and now we have a shiny new gas meter! I left after that for the gym and when I got back about an hour later they were heading out of the elevator, finished all of the apartments. Now for those of you who don't know, we live in a MASSIVE apartment complex. I think that there are probably 200 units in my building alone. These people had replaced all the gas meters that fast!

Anyway, I thought that was pretty frickin' amazing!! When Korean people want to be, they are crazy efficient! Yep. That's my story. Thanks for reading!

Emily

No comments: