Monday, March 12, 2007

Just General Stuff

School has begun for both Emily & I. Emily is knees-deep in IBOLT and has begun a rather heady semester, with nearly 20 credit hours (19.5 to be precise) and is going full steam ahead. She works hard during the day, which is good of her. I'm pretty sure that my experience would be more procrastinatory, should our places be switched.

In the evenings, we've just been relaxing as of late. After nearly two months of holidays, getting up again has taken a little bit of getting used to. We've been heading to bed early (between 9 and 10), but it's been nice to be in a regular schedule again.

The weather has been getting nicer. Tomorrow, it's supposed to be about 15 degrees here. The next couple of months should be absolutely gorgeous, before we head into the searing heat and insufferable humidity of summer.

I started at two new schools last week, and they both seem to be really good. The best part by far is the students. I teach 18 grade 7 classes a week, 3 grade 8 classes a week and occasional teacher's classes. I love interacting with the students and they've got really good attitudes. It is only the second week of class, so that may change. Hopefully it doesn't.

The random holidays have also presented themselves quite nicely. Last week, I had Tuesday off. This week, I've been finished by 12 or 1 on Monday & Tuesday. I've got no complaints at all about this - love the extra time off!

Next week, I go to an English camp for the week. An English camp is easy for me (another person leads the camp and I just assist) but it's a lot of work for the students. They've got class from about 8 AM until 10 or 11 PM. They're long days, but it's been fun in the past. I'm looking forward to it. It's out in the country, so the weather suits the environment well.

Church is going well. We're becoming more involved, but not too much so. We want to be careful that what we do, we do well.

Anyway, everything is going well. The weather is getting better, schools are going well and our home life is good. I've been really aware of how much God has blessed us - we have good lives! More than that, though, is the hope of the life beyond this. If life now can be this good, how much better is life going to be once you get rid of all the sucky things? Pretty dang good, I'm expecting. Pretty dang good.

No comments: