Monday, November 27, 2006

Eat Your Wheaties

I'm sure you've heard it a thousand times - "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." It's true, and I now know why.

Breakfast makes you sturdy. Sturdy, as in strong and leanable. Leanable like you can be leaned (leant?) on.

I skipped breakfast one day and proceeded to take the bus to school one day. I apparently wasn't very sturdy looking, or so it would seem in hindsight. I was just a regular Joe on the bus (or Kim, as the case may be), my business being minded by me and others keeping an eye on their own businesses. The next day, I ate breakfast and I noticed a change almost immediately. I boarded the bus (crowded, as it usually is on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) and my sturdiness was apparent to all.

It was like there was some secret communication through the crowd - "That guy had breakfast. He looks sturdy." Breakfast makes me look strong and secure. Breakfast makes me look like a cushion for falling on when you lose your footing. Breakfast makes me look like a brick wall, appropriate for leaning when going around corners. Breakfast makes me look like I've got some sort of secret trick that keeps me from falling and so everyone is able to "fall on the foreigner" with no adverse reactions. Breakfast + Me = Sturdy, sturdy, sturdy.

On second thought, perhaps I'll eat breakfast once I'm already at school. Sturdy just isn't worth it.

No comments: