Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Classroom Tales

Due to a relative lack of posting during the early days of my public school educational career (as a teacher, not a student), I shall occasionally blissfully recount some of the entertaining escapades that followed me on my journey.

I (apparently) am extremely hot stuff. Well, not anymore, but when I first arrived at my two schools, girls would wait for me outside the cafeteria just to watch me leave. The interest has diminished considerably since then, but I still receive calls of "Oh, handsome guy!", "Beautiful!" and "I love you!" from both female and male students. Not too bad of a way to start off a new job.

And now for something completely different... Our cheese was stolen. 2 kilograms of good ol' cheddar, gone. Right from our fridge. Strange, you think? There just so happens to be a perfectly logical explanation. Really.

Finally, I (Jon) will be appearing on the Korean version of American Idol. Seriously. Only it's not country wide, it's just our city. It's also just elementary school students competing. In English. So really, it's an English song contest for half of the city's elementary school students and I am one of the judges.

So I still get to be Simon Cowell.

No comments: