Monday, October 03, 2005

The People of MunHwa

Here is a group picture of most of the MunHwa staff. It's a fairly old picture but I (Jon) just recently got a digital copy of it. It was taken at the "Welcome to MunHwa" party held for Emily, Tyrone and I. There are people from the English school and the math school here. The English and Math classes are held in two seperate buildings, so I don't know any of the math teachers, but I will introduce you to the people that I do know.

Anyway, from top left, is Harland (a Canadian that has lots of experience in Korea and teaching and is a very kind man), two math teachers, Gumi (she's very nice and helpful), Ms. Woo (she just got married yesterday), Mr. Moon (whose classroom is next to mine), and Mr. Kong (the owner and director of MunHwa Math & English school - my boss). The next row is Jack (Michael's son - he was just visiting at the time), 4 people from the math school, Eun Gyung (another wonderful person who is very good at explaining Korean to English speakers), Tyrone (a really fun guy - he started at the same time as I did) and myself.

The front row is Mrs. Kim (very friendly, but I don't see her much), a teacher from the math school, Michael (a Canadian whose classroom is on the other side of mine - a wonderful person), Emily (my incredible wife) and Mr. Lee (the administrator of MunHwa and a good friend who helps us out with anything we need, from immigration to broken toilets).

That's the MunHwa crew! Actually, there's a couple of people missing, but that's just about everyone. I can not believe how great everyone is and how wonderful it is to work at this school. God has blessed Emily and I beyond anything we could have ever dreamed. This is fantastic!

No comments: