Thursday, February 16, 2006

Happy Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day, everyone!

Emily and I had a wonderful Valentines day celebration. I picked Emily up a dozen yellow roses at one of the flower stores that I pass on my way home from work, and they have turned out to be beautiful. She bought me some chocolates and some wonderful green tea. We then went out to TGI Fridays (an Maxwell Taylor's/Red Robin's type restaurant) where we had steak and ribs.

For those of you fellows that forgot and/or didn't do anything for Valentines Day and you need an excuse, simply come to Korea. The 14th of every month is a special "Love Day."

February 14th, girls are supposed to give guys chocolate. I had several of my students (male and female) give me chocolate. On March 14th, White Day, the guys reciprocate with flowers or chocolate. These days are both very special and are a lot of fun for couples.

"What if you are not a couple?" you may be asking right now. Well, the day for the singles comes next. April 14th is for everyone who didn't get chocolate from anyone in February or March. On this day, all the single people eat cold noodles and cry because they don't have anyone in their life.

Isn't that special?

No comments: